Saturday, September 27, 2008

Day 70- Key to perseverance

How happy would you feel to know that you would have a perseverance indicator?
Something to tell you when you are not keeping up with your commitments?
Something that just stays there until you act?

Well....I have. It is called "my back".

Most probably it is from the shape and design of the school benches in which I spent 12 years studying in.
Add to that the fact that, when being small, I used to be more on the geeky reading side than the sports side, and voila. My spine did not grow quite straight (like this but only not that serious)
Its not crooked in a very "curvy" manner, but just enough as not to be straight.

Also it might be just the fact that there was something wrong with me to begin with :)

Anyway, I present you my perseverence barometer.

When it starts to hurt it means that I have spent more than 2 weeks without going swimming (which until now has proven to be the best solution to make the pain away).

Like an alarm clock, it lets me know I have been slacking off.

Good thing: you cannot snooze, cancel or "flag" it as a "to do for later"
Bad thing: it hurts constantly, every second, and it gets worse as time passes without me acting.

I can already see myself in 30 years, on a stage at a world renowned conference, on the screen behind me projected with big white letters "my success story", and me saying casually:

"Really, it was all in the back"

0 comments:

Post a Comment