Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day 19- Dancing

Never have I taken much interest in latino dances, as it seemed to me that they had no substance. How wrong I was…….

The fluent moves, seemingly easy to do, but not at all when trying to perform them, the closeness between the dancers……the synergy needed to perform correctly…..the vibrant music…..a total surprise for me.

Daniel will say “off course”, but only now I realize that these dances are much better then European ones, with much more contact between the partners and thus a more visually appealing result.

As in the beginning there were no clear objectives for me when coming here, here is one worth setting: learning to dance latino style.

….and it will be a shame really not to learn, as I live on the island that invented merengue.

4 comments:

Alexandra Ragalie said...

I will not say "I told you so :)"... Enjoy every minute dear!

Anonymous said...

sper ca atunci cand te intorci sa dansezi mai bine ca Daniel N. - btw he dances very goood...

Ank

Alex Ragalie said...

Pai mai bine decat maestrul sigur nu am cum sa dansez :)
Dar ma voi stradui sa invat cat mai mult :P

Anonymous said...

cred ca poate fi infrant totusi...

Post a Comment