Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 22- First time at the beach in the Caribbean

Yes, finnally after 22 days I managed to get to the beach.

First impression was.......that it's not as I expected.
Somewhat crowded, the sea is not as blue as I thought, the sand was not as "pristine", overall kinda like our Black Sea beaches.

On the other hand, this beach is relatively close to Santo Domingo (30 min)- one of the reasons why it is so crowded- and also it is not special in any way.
To get to the extremely nice beaches, you have to travel for many hours from the capital :/

I just hope that I will get to visit the most famous one (Bahia de las Aguilas), which is in the south part of the country and it's supposed to be their pride and joy, without any hotels, with superb sea and total silence.
Probably the 6 hours trip to get there has something to do with that :)








0 comments:

Post a Comment