Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 78- In the forest of crossroads

The final thing that was not really complete in my life, the feeling of not having finished my experience in AIESEC, it is now a closed chapter.
And surprisingly, it only took seventy seven days.

I have given, I have grown, and I have changed.

What now?

Uncharacteristically for me, there is no plan.
No time line and no smart objective.
But there is something much better.

The vision of me in the future has become totally clear.

For me, a vision is actually the feeling that you want to have when thinking about yourself in the future.

To exemplify, this is how my medium-term vision of life used to looked like (created 2006-2007):



How does it look now?......now it is this and much more.

Now I have it clear for the long term also.


Connected with the notion of vision is that of personal objectives.
Having started two years ago to set them (clear, written on paper and made public) has been one of the greatest contributors to my development.
It might seem stupid, useless or "corporate", but I strongly believe that if you do not have a clear idea of where you want to get, wherever you end up is just as good.
Do you have clear objectives for yourself?

Negroponte was saying: "Until now I have been a light bulb. Now I have become a laser" with respect to his global One Laptop per Child initiative.

I am also starting to slowly focus into one.

Just as my new friend Dey is focusing also.
You have seen his name in the past in my blog, but just as a quick intro, he is one of the greatest presidents that AIESEC International has ever had, and a very philosophical character.

At this point he is focusing on finding a life partner.
Come to think of it.....who doesn't?

---------------------
Well, for one................ me.
Some years ago we found each other, and it kept evolving from then on.
Our story has been remarkable, and maybe some other time I will tell you about it.
---------------------

Coming back to the initial idea, at this point I am in the middle of the forest, wondering which way to go.
I know what is on the other side, but the journey of getting there is the most interesting part.

And to start it, I am now standing at the crossroads.
Known roads on one side, pathways rarely traveled on the other. Should I take one of them?
Or simply carve my own, personal path?



What would you do?





......right now I think I am just going to sit down for a bit, in the middle of it all, and just savor the indecisiveness.

Contemplate this incredible moment.........when everything that could be is everything that can be......... with the strands of alternative lives intertwining in a mind that is completely silent........and smile.

I deserve a break from decision making.

1 comments:

Dey Dos said...

Awesome to see how the state of contemplation is so powerful! Enjoy it...

Dey

PS: Thanks for your kind remarks about me :)

Post a Comment