Friday, October 10, 2008

Day 83- Blogs I follow and weird facts about me

As you enjoy keeping up with my posts in this blog, so do I carefully read a few others.

Here they are, in a random order:

1-Freakonomics, from the authors of the book with the same name. Although most of the posts are from collaborators (no the authors themselves), they are extremely interesting, though focused a lot on the US reality.

2-The Happiness Project, a question-raising blog/journal of someone in search of happiness.

3-eDragonu, the story of a successful Romanian entrepreneur who has decided to sell everything and move to New Zealand.

4-Live Love Laugh, the blog of an old friend from AIESEC Bucharest, always with a smile on her face.

5-Sara's journal, where she should write more often. I met her at IC in Brazil where we had a very nice conversation at the end of a long pre-meeting day. Thanks

6- : , a very interesting concept for a blog from a very interesting person. She seems to keep a journal of her raw emotions, without needing to make sense to the outside world.
I kinda feel like that's how my blog would look like if I did not take the trouble to explain myself. Also, I am anxiously awaiting for the ")" after the ":"............or maybe just "|"?

7-Lanny Goodman's Strategic Insights, which althought it seems to be used mainly as a self promoting blog, it really did offer me some real insights into some aspects that I could not properly identify until then.

Now, about those seven weird facts about me that I am supposed to "confess":

1-Even thought it is important for me to properly transmit messages when talking, most of the times I do not bother to "package" the message in a way in which my conversation partner can easily understand. I just say things as I think them, with complete honesty.

2-I have to listen to music to feel good, and I can control how I feel with the music I play.
Thus, my ears are covered with the headphones at all times.

3-I have an obsession about not wasting my time and living every moment, but still I spend a lot of time being upset about different things.

4-I want to live in the present, but most of the time I live for my plans, dreams and objectives. That is one of the things that I struggle hard to change.

5-I speak almost perfect English, but I do not bother to have also an accent.
And I do not want to. That's why my English sounds very Eastern European/Russian.....and admittedly kind of "irritating" (even for myself).

6-I have very few friends, but do not want more.

7-Most of my conversations are so open and honest that even people that know me sometimes cannot take it :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

alexandru,

no argument about the purpose of my blog, but glad you found value in my peculiar perspectives.

all the best,
lanny goodman

Alex Ragalie said...

I do enjoy a lot reading your blog, so please keep at it.

and thanks for the comment :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

And thanks for reading my blog!
Enjoy your staying there :-)

Alex Ragalie said...

and to you best of luck in moving.

That feeling of leaving for a trip, and just before you close the door thinking: "i know I forgot something" would probably be a very interesting experience in your case :)

Post a Comment